Tuesday, April 5, 2011

In Class 4/5

The class started out a little rocky. It seemed like a third of the class hadn't turned in their 3rd Quarter Evaluations, and got a zero. Ouch! Ms. Lord wanted us to learn that despite the class being WISE, deadlines would still be enforced, and that we shouldn't slack off. I was really glad I hadn't slacked off on my evaluation. Actually, I had sort of gone overboard on my evaluation, writing four pages. It was a way for me to evaluate my own work, and it really helped me see what I had done, and what I needed to do. I enjoyed the chance to be able to organize my outlook on the whole project. It wasn't my best writing (I did it pretty fast, honestly), but it was very useful.
We were also told that on Monday, 4/11 at 6:30, our journals would be distributed amongst others in the community in order for them to evaluate our journals! Fun fun! I hope they enjoy mine. I've put in a lot of effort trying to make it SHOW as well as tell.
We also were given an assignment to collect research for a peer. It will be due next class. I thought that I would do research for Katherine, since my line is inspired by birds, and she's doing a nature journal. I just found a cool website on birds, and I think it would be great for her (see Browsing).
Finally, a word of advice from Ms Gergley, which I must keep in mind- if it's ont in your journal, it didn't happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment