Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mentor Meeting 4/12

Today Ms. Lasher and I once again talked about my last Sew-Green session. I told her about the t-shirt refashioning, and then how I had chalked, cut, and pinned my dress, and was ready to sew during the next session! I once again was saying how the dress woudl be finished by the next session, but it seems as though I've been saying that a lot, and it hasn't been happening. Oh well, we'll see. It will be finished when it's ready.
I also told her about how Autumn's been really worried about my project, and how I've decided that this project is not only going to test my skills, learning ability, and time management, but my perfectionism and patience. I'm going to have to try and be less of a perfectionist, because otherwise it will drive myself and others crazy. I just need to try my best, and know that I'm a complete amature, so I shouldn't be worried about perfection, but learning the skill. Thankfully, due to Autumn's expression of concern, I was able to reassure her, and thus myself, that it actually didn't matter how far I got with my project, just as long as I learn and have fun. I've definately convinced myself that my work will NOT be perfect, but it will be a great experience, lots of fun, and still look good.
The concern of cloth was discussed once again. Since I had been able to look through the cloth bins, I was able to sketch something to go with the orange fabric. It's Chinese-inspired, and I really like it! The blue cloth is still being difficult to decide, but perhaps I can use it for a dress of some sort.
Ms Lasher was also really nice in that she said she would be okay with going with me to go cloth shopping. I thought it would be really fun to have her along, and she could give me her opinion on the cloth. The plan is to go buy cloth the week after break, though this may be difficult since my parents will be out of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment