Friday, February 11, 2011

2011 NY Fashion Week

The photographs for the 2011 New York Fashion Week were posted. They look awesome! Good inspiration.

Vivienne Tam has a really interesting dress that seems to incorporate elements of a kimono (first picture in the series). I don't know if I like the fabric, but the sleeves are definately something I might want to incorporate, as well as the slit in the dress, layered with a diferent fabric.
A model presents a creation from the Vivienne ...

My favorite designer of the series would probably be Prabal Gurung. He uses a lot of chiffon, and fine fabrics, creating a flowing affect, and he's not afraid of color.
A model presents a creation at the Prabal Gurung ...The fall 2011 collection of designer Prabal Gurung ...The fall 2011 collection of designer Prabal Gurung ...
He also mixes fabrics that one wouldn't normally think of putting together, and although unrealated, they fit the body very well. (see below)
The fall 2011 collection of designer Prabal Gurung ...
Lastly, not only did he use similar fabrics to create a flow, but all of his dresses were worn with crossed stockings, bringing the collection together. It seems that collections really are series that need something to group them as one. I guess for my super mini collection, I'll need a basic theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment