Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mentor Meeting 5/19

I showed Ms. Lasher the t-shirt I was working on.
I then shared my plans for next garment- the nest dress!!!
My planned date for the presentation (the 17th of June) is all good.
I needed help with ideas on how to write the narrative and give a good presentation that did not repeat what was written in my journal.
At first, Ms. Lasher and I were really stumped. How could the journal only make up a small portion of the narrative and presentation, when the journal was recording everthing I did. But then I started thinking about interpretation. What are different ways I can interpret and present my project so that I can give it a new meaning in each medium, a paper and a presentation.
We decided that for the narrative, I would give more background and depth to my past in making me choose this project, what I learned and achieved, and how I will use this new understanding and knowledge in the future. This is the story on how WISE impacted my life, and how my journal gave me a new lense to look through.
As for my presentation, I was thinking of presenting each model, and include accessories and make-up. Ms. Lasher says that she and Ms. Affronti might be able to lend me some jewelery. Ms Lasher says she might have the prefect turquoise necklace for me to use. I also found two or three possible models, and one of them, Cassy, says that she would be willing to help me with make-up. She always has funky make-up on, and would perfect. I would then talk about my inspiration for the garment, how my inspiration transformed and changed, and background research on my sources of information, and the international cultures that I took tips from in making my garments.
Ms Lasher really gave me some great ideas, and I feel much more confident about my project now.

No comments:

Post a Comment