Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jasmine dress 3/15


Carly had been talking at lunch about her prom dress, and how she wanted to dress up as Jasmine. Fooling around, I decided to do a "consultation" with her for her dress, but she got bored, and I got carried away, and ended up sketching this! I like the skirt, and it's very Indian, which makes me think that Shonali or my aunt may like it, since it's fusion. The top is more western, and the skirt cut is western too, but the actual dress is very eastern. I like how the skirt is like petals. I would also wear this dress in a heartbeat, but not to prom. I would probably wear it to a wedding instead! I can get this made very easily in India. Maybe when the time comes when I need a dress for a special occasion I will get this made in India. It would be fun, and they would know mroe about how to make the skirt fall just right then even most Western seamstresses, since it requires a fall, much like a traditional lehenga or sharara (described at the following site: http://www.iloveindia.com/indian-clothing/dhoti-kurta.html The first one is hindu while the second is muslim. They're both very similar in style to the one I designed, but with short sleaves).
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment