Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Owl- Flat Sketch 3/8

This is the flat sketch for my owl sketch. Autumn had said that this would probably be the easiest dress, and that we would start with this design, however, as I was drawing it, I realized that the draping will need some skill. I hope to make this out of a light, drapy material, which will definately make the fall more natural, and easier to achieve. I was thinking of using light cotton, but I could also use a more sheer material. I might have to go with the cheapest in the end though.
The sketch might look very simple, but it was actually a lot harder to draw than I thought it would be. Perhaps I was too tired, or too picky, or bother, but I ended up having to earase it a lot, and redraw the lines, because for some reason, it just was not looking right. Even now, I think the back view is a lot more acurate and better than the front view. Really, I was debating how long the dress should be, where the bottom of the sleaves should be, etc. It ended up being a lot longer than the original sketch (the first sketch was a mini-skirt, while the flat sketch goes down to the knees). I did this because I found that it had a slimming effect (or at least I think it will, I haven't made it yet!), seeing how loose it will fall on the hips, and then lightly flare out. The mini version hugged the hips too much, and I wanted it more like a flowy summer dress.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment