Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Nest 3/1


This is the sketch that Ms. Lasher and I were talking about during our Mentor Meeting on 3/14. It was inspired by a Project Runway Season 7 episode, where the designers were asked to make a formal party dress out of potato sacks, or burlap. I was curious to try out the challenge myself, and came up with a dress made not of burlap, but of muslin. I really want to make this dress, especially since if successful, I know I would wear it, and it would also be really cheap to make, since it only uses muslin and a bit of tulle. It would be difficult, but the pleating looks very similar to my prom dress, so I would have an example to work off of. Also, I found out that the pleating along the front is different in the sketch than on my prom dress. On my dress, the pleats go up the center, but in the sketch, they go up the sides (see my flat sketches for this dress to see how they look on the prom dress). I may change them to go up the center so that it does not make the model look wider than she actually is.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment