Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Michael Jackson Inspired 3/3


I sketched this pretty late, after listening to a lot of Michael Jackson. Go figure. I played around with different kinds of collars, with zips and studs. The point was to have big collars. I was thinking perhaps I would change my theme from birds to high and low collars, or better yet, maybe I'll just make up a theme based on what I've already drawn, like I'm doing right now! Anyway, I've been coming back to this sketch, adding a belt, or the shoulder pads. It's really the one on the right that I care about, not the one on the left. The collar could have a zipper, which would make it transform from the view above the head, to the view on the model. The shirt/uniform is worn with pleated pants, though I'm worried it might get too bulky around the waist if it's worn that way, so I might just pair it with leather leggings. The belt buckle should be big and jeweled.
This shirt would be really hard to make, I feel, since it has a lot of detail and needs to fit perfectly, much like a fitted shirt. The belt would probably make it a little easier to fudge, but I don't want any bulging around the belt, so that would be complicated. I wouldn't even know where to start. Maybe I would start with the pattern for a fitted collared shirt, and work from there. Also, the zipper is off-centered, so that would be a little different too!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment