Monday, March 21, 2011

Mentor Meeting 3/21

Today I did an emergency meeting with Ms. Lasher (not really an emergency). I really needed some reassurance that I can actually succeed, and Ms. Lasher is just the person for that. I told her about Wendy's doubts about my being able to accomplish my task, and I decided that perhaps I needed to supplement my learning at Sew-Green with some other sewing, now that my sketches are pretty much exhausted.
Ms. Lasher said that she knows some people who might be able to give me their old patterns, and that I could practice with those, using muslin, and being really economical. I can also alter/redesign some of my old clothes, and do repairs around the house, mainly so that I learn how to sew, and get comfortable doing it. It would be a chance to experiment, and a challenge, since redesigning old clothes is harder for me than just making something new. I have some of my mom's old clothes too that she doesn't want anymore.
I need to start sewing! I'm excited. Now all I need is the time. Last weekend was jammed packed, and I think I'm going to have to start planning my time even more carefully than usual to get things done!
Haven't really decided exactly where to start with my sewing spree, but I'll keep you posted!
P.S. I always want to sign these blogs like a letter... This is becoming too much like a journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment