Tuesday, March 8, 2011

One Thing I learned...

Something I learned, and forgot to mention:
During my Sew-Green meeting last time, I learned how to do a close stitch for a hankerchief. Well, today for a present, I got a scarf, and finally realized what they were talking about. You can shift your needle to the edge of the presser foot, and sew right along the edge of the silk after folding it very fine. This creates a thin seam. I will really need this if I decide to use any silk or fine, flowy materials (gauzy materials too!) that need a thin, light hem. I learned how important this is for a polished look in Project Runway, otherwise you can see the jaggedness of where you cut it, and it's a disaster

The other thing I learned that I was supposed to share I unfortnately forgot!!! Oh well, I'll get back to you when I remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment