Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Homework 3/15

In class, we got a homework assignment. It is as follows:
Read and comment on at least one other blog, and reference your learning in your journal.
I will edit this journal entry once I have completed it...

And now I am finally completing it! (3/21)
I commented today on Jackie Cheri's blog about composting. It sounded very interesting, and I could tell that she was putting a lot of effort into the project. I learned about different composting techniques, kinds of gardens, and troubleshooting on how to get your garden healthy again. I was particularly intrigued by the idea of lasagna composting. I really enjoyed the way she had written that post, and it really attracted my attention. Like lasagna, in a compost, you need a balance of water, oxygen, nitrogen and carbon. I guess this is so that you have suitable conditions for bacterial growth. Yum!
Since I always kill plants, I hope that Jackie will be able to teach me how to maintain my garden through her blog!
I also learned that I need to step it up a notch. I'm still struggling to get a strong footing, and really commence (after all, I still need to learn how to sew), and there's only so much sketching I can do. Seeing other kids moving forward so quickly is making me really antsy. I wish I had ten times more time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment