Wednesday, March 23, 2011

White Rooster 3/17


This dress was actually, legitimately inspired by a bird, unlike the other ones, where I sketched them, and was then like, oh, this looks sort of like this bird... Anway, I was looking for pictures of roosters (I have no idea why, though I am born in the year of the rooster, so maybe that's why), and I saw pictures of white roosters (see below) that I thought would be fabulous as a dress!

Then, for some reason I was looking up flapper dresses, and I found the perfect style for the dress. The dresses are completely different, but they have the same style. It's hard to explain, you'll just have to look at the picture below, and see the similarity. It's inspiration.


http://plushpaparazzi-embassy.blogspot.com/2009/01/1920s-style-icon-louise-brooks.html

The dress is full of pleats, and would be very difficult to make, once again, but who cares? It's cool from head to toe (oops I forgot to add the shoes!). The pleating on the top is much like my prom dress as well, so once again, I have something too look at for inspiration.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment