Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Swallow 3/15

I was trying to make the Nest dress more bird-like (before I settled on making it a nest), when I ended up designing something completely different. I had started out making collar with a zip, which would be a turtle neck that had a protruding portion (think soccer jackets zipped all the way up), that was orange on the inside like a beak. I then made the sillouette the same as the Nest dress, and added some chinese brush painted swallows. Before I knew it, it was completely different, but it may be very useful, since I can use the same pattern for this dress as the Nest dress, just altered slightly. I would make this dress out of a light blue knit material, so that it stretches around the body, and makes those large pleats at the bottom.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment