Tuesday, March 15, 2011

In Class 3/15

Today, people shared their projects.
Natanya is baking, so she brought in cookies (yum!)
Jimmy is doing mixed martial arts, including Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (which is sooo awesome! I've always wanted to learn it!).
Carrie is doing slam poetry, and performed one of the poems she had been working on. She described how slam poetry consisted of three minute competitive presentations, and one is graded on a 10 point scale. One also has to use body language in slam poetry, something she was finding very difficult. Perhaps it is more like a soliloquy in acting in that case?
Mary John is training to become a clown, and at the school carnival, she had done balloon making and juggling. Her clown name is Marigold, and she's trying to not be a scary clown. I was really impressed that she had made 85 balloons at the carnival, and could already juggle.
Jordan contacted a website that allows authors to self-publish their work. He managed to talk to someone, and is really excited about the possibility of getting his book published.
Dylan finished his project already! It was a really complex physics device that I didn't really understand. Maybe part of his project can be learning how to explain it to non-scientific people... He's going to do more experiments, and learn more about the device, since he hadn't expected to finish so early.
Then it was my turn... I showed everyone my sketchbook, but I went really fast since class was getting over. I think everyone was ready to leave by then, and I found that a lot of what I was babbling might be really hard to understand for others, making me realize why it was hard to understand the technical stuff for Dylan, Jordan and Jimmy's projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment