Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Peacock 3/16

This was initially inspired by a peacock, though looking at it now, it doesn't resemble one at all. The curvy cut out along the skirt was like a peacock's tail, and the skirt is supposed to fall in a long, curvy train. It will be made of very light, swishy materail. At first, it was just a skirt, and it was going to be orange, with a fuscia cut out. Now I'm thinking that it will be black, and the cut out and sash will be a yellow or lime green. It could also be a royal purple. I don't know, we'll see. It's going to be really, really hard to drape, since this is pretty much a red carpet look. I probably won't be sewing this :(. Maybe over summer! The back of this dress is my favorite, since I have a thing for seams down the back and a low slung back. In order to make it look fitted, but still be able to be taken on and off, I was thinking that the the back seam could be a zipper, perhaps even of the same color as the sash, or that perhaps the swishy material would have a little bit of stretch as well. The only ting though would be that the skirt needs to remain really light and soft.
I wish I could make this! I would wear it to prom in a heart beat! (but I already have a dress! Haha)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment